Materials needed for this project:
• Thick paper.
• Paper puncture.
• Pair of scissors.
• Preferred colors (watercolors, pencils, markers etc...).
• Some extra Yarn from previous projects.
Choose one of the sizes listed below or you can choose your preferred size.
• Small: 2” x 6” inch.
• Medium: 2” x 7” inch.
• Large: 2.5” x 8.5” inch.
Create your own masterpiece
First make the bookmarker:
1. Cut the thick paper into your preferred size or you can print our readymade designs by downloading the pdf below.
NOTE: Adjust your printer settings to print on thick paper so the paper do not get stuck inside the printer.
2. Go crazy with the colors!
3. Make a hole on the bottom or top of the paper using the paper puncture to attach the tassel later.
Second thing is to make the tassel using yarn leftovers:
1. Wrap the yarn 10 times around your figures just like demonstrated below and cut the yarn.
2. Add of piece yarn through the wrapped yarn and make a knot.
3. Remove the yarn from your hand and wrap all yarn with another long piece of yarn. Place it under the knot made in step 3 and make sure to leave half an inch at least between them then tie.
5. Cut the bottom section of the yarn in a straight line.
Now your tassel is ready, attach it to your marker by pulling one end of the tassel's tails through the hole in the paper and make a knot.